Friday 23 March 2012


Lone Star
Address
Lone Star Cafe & Bar - Newmarket
8 Kent Street, Newmarket
Auckland 1023
09 522 4004 ‎

Lone Star is a New Zealand iconic Restaurant & Bar.  Its whole concept is around fun dinning and value for money.  I have to say, the food is really good value for money from the point of view of quality as well as portion of the dishes.
I was in Lone Star Newmarket on 21st of March 2012 for dinner.   Although it was Wednesday night, but place was almost full.  I like the fact that it was busy, noisy and full of life.  When I looked around the restaurant, it brought the old Wild West saloons into my mind with the dimmed yellow lights, cool back and with wallpapers and the combination of dark wooden decor as well as the pictures all around. 
When we arrived we were directed to our table.  I found it very interesting that the waitress introduced herself and looked after us the whole night.  The only complaint I have is that she missed on one of the dishes that we orders and we had to wait an extra 15min for it to come out when all the other dishes were out already.  

Food and Drinks
Johnny Cash Stash (Classic) $34.50
This dish is a chicken one, chicken breast stuffed with mushrooms, cheese, tomatoes and spinach.  Beautifully cooked and presented. 
 The side dishes were, half cut and beautifully fried potatoes plus coleslaw. 


Big John the sirloin (Classic) $34.50 Large Coke $5.20
A decent size piece of steak with chunky mushroom sauce, accompanied with the half cut fried potatoes plus coleslaw.  The steak was orders to be medium and it could not be better than this.  The steak was nicely cooked on the outside and had a very nice pink colour in the middle and the best part was that it was not raw at all with no blood (just how I like my steak).  


Rockin’ Ribeye  $35.00
The highlight of this dish was the New Zealand blue cheese & Vodka sauce.  I thought it went very well with the aged ribeye.  I loved the taste, the smell and the creaminess of the sauce.  It was the best plate of the night for me.


Shank Williams (two) $28.50
The two lamb shanks on the plate were cooked to perfection, but still on the bone and not falling off it.  The amount of meat on the plate was well over sufficient.  It was simply perfect. 


Over all, I really enjoyed the food, the service and the environment in Lone Star Newmarket.  I will surely go back again and recommend it to everyone to go to.

No comments:

Post a Comment