Tuesday 10 April 2012


Savoureux Café  
Address
401 Mr Eden Rd
Mt Eden
Auckland City
09 630 0250

Savoureus Café is in the heart of Mt Eden village.  The place looks great with its nice interior.  When I was taking photos of the café from across the street the Staff were waving at me (can’t be seen in the photos though) but I found the staff were fun and charming. 
The white interior colour gives the café a nice clean look and although there seem to be a limited number of tables in the front section of the café, but there is a backyard with a lot of tables too.
The staff are really friendly and helpful.  The young lady who was serving us was always smiling.  I like the fact that, even before we ask for water, she poured us water (not something you see everyday).  Another interesting thing about Savoureux Café is that they serve porridge for breakfast too, then again, not something I have seen every often. There was a nice jazz music playing in the background which really added some character to the place. 

Food and Drinks
Eggs Benedict with bacon and spinach $16.50 Large Mocha $4.70
The amount of food was great; the eggs were cooked perfectly served on fresh pieces of bread.  The highlight of this dish was the hollandaise souse.  However, the bacon was a bit salty and to dry.
The Mocha was great.  It looked like they use locally brewed coffee beans which I support 100%. 

Egg and Bacon $15.50
Then again everything on this dish was perfect, but my comments about the bacon above is still valid.  Loved the poached eggs.


Savoureux Big Breakfast $19.00 Orange Juice $4.00
Grilled tomatoes were the highlights of breakfast.  The sausages were great too. More than anything I enjoyed the atmosphere and the whole experience.  I believe that one of the component elements of this dish was Black Pudding.  It was my first time trying Black Pudding and I like the taste of it (after I got over the mental barriers of what is in Black Pudding).



Pork Belly $17.00
This dish is served for lunch and the menu said that the Pork Belly was cooked in Spanish Style.  It was served with chick peas on sourdough.   It was cooked perfectly and there was no need for extra seasoning.  It looked great on the plate and was very filling too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment